SFCC participates in Green Festival 2015
San Francisco Conservation Corps participates in 14th annual Green Festival at the Cow Palace in San Francisco on November 13-15, 2015
SFCC hosted a booth to share the services we provide to the community which includes recycling of bottles, cans, ewaste, oil and tires. The SFCC booth was managed by Gwendolyn Smith who was supported by corps members.
Green Festival® is a vibrant, dynamic marketplace where companies and organizations come to showcase their green products and services, and where people go to learn how to live healthier, more sustainable lives.
This year’s Green Festival offered something for everyone, with the widest selection of products and services to work green, play green and live green from food, fashion and health to energy, construction and design. People who attended came to shop and enjoyed vegan, vegetarian, organic foods, hands-on demos, educational activities and inspirational speakers.
SFCC’s participation in the Green Festival was a unique and powerful opportunity to be part of a platform for connecting potential customers, retailers, wholesalers and corporations – all under one roof. This experience provided excellent opportunities for SFCC to be joined with many green brands that generate business-to-business and business-to-consumer sales, builds awareness and strengthens relationships in an expansive and engaging green marketplace.
Mission and Vision:
Green Festival is inspiring and empowering consumers, communities and businesses to work green, play green and live green.
At Green Festival, committed to:
- Showcasing the best and latest green products and services in the market making ‘green’ practical, viable and accessible to everyone by promoting sustainability in everyday life choices and actions.
- Providing the ultimate marketplace for green brands and consumers who want to integrate sustainability into their lives.
- Striving to be a zero-waste marketplace where consumers can be assured that companies are committed to environmental sustainability.
- Representing a diverse, sustainable community that is socially and environmentally responsible.
- Encouraging companies to adopt green and fair trade principles through Green America’s certification process.
- Serving as a launching pad for Corporate Social Responsibility efforts and consumer programs in sustainability